PD13 – Clear indicator lenses
Now ready for download! These are now finished and ready for download. I’m running them on my car. It’s a DIY job, so if you don’t have a 3D printer or Laser cutter, feel free to email me and I’ll try to support your project.
A quick how to:
- Laser cut the lenses file on a laser cutter from 3mm acrylic
- 3D print the backs, one of each side, from a 3D printer
- If the 3D print is not silver, spray the inside of the casing with silver spray paint
- Lining up the top edge of the lense with the backing plate, use clear silicone sealant or similar to glue the lense to the back plate
- Once fully dry, use some wet and dry to sand the top edge to a 45 degree angle. Then the bottom edge the same, but on the back side: This will enable the lamp to slip into the angled hole
- Take off your factory indicators. Remove the metal studs
- Pop the studs inside the 3D printed Clips
- Using very short screws, or even arydite glue these to the back of the casing. You’ll need to copy the factory positions
- Pop in your lamp holders, you’ll need orange bulbs (I used silver orange to hide them more)
- Bolt on in stock locations
- Win at life
DOWNLOAD – pd13-clear-indicator-lense
I hope that helps a lot of folk. As said, email if you need support. 3D printers are becoming common, many local DT departments in schools and small businesses have them, get inventive!